That’s the question I ask Spirit when an enquiry pops into my inbox. All I need is a full name, and then, I ask Spirt whether the person is ready and I draw one card from my beloved Animal Totem Tarot deck. As previously determined with Spirit, I only use the suit of wands (indicating movement, spiritual development, creativity, etc.) and the suit of swords (indicating ego-thinking, conflict, authority, etc.) for this enquiry.
Along with the card chosen, I hear ‘Yes’, ‘No’, or ‘Maybe’ (when I say ‘hear’ I mean I hear a voice in my mind - Spirit doesn’t vocalise). I'll then hear why the card is relevant to the person's enquiry...
I’m telling you this in an effort to be as open as possible and to show you what goes on behind the scenes… it’s not a random reply you get back from me. And not everyone gets a ‘Yes’, despite what some might believe. To give you an idea, of the last 12 enquiries, 7 were ‘Yes’.
So, why should I turn down all these potential readings…? Because I take this mediumship very seriously. I know how powerful messages from Spirit can be, and it’s my responsibility to check that:
* People are ready - ie. the right place in their lives - to hear messages which they may have some resistance to hearing (sometimes what you hope will happen, will actually turn out differently, but ultimately better, in the long term).
* They have the confidence and strength to reach their potential, even if they aren’t currently aware.
* They have a good structure of support in place around them, even if they can’t see it at that moment.
* They are open-minded enough to receive.
* They’re not testing me, nor Spirit - Spirit hates being tested but, because they are loving energies I work with, they will offer guidance if the other conditions are in place.
The letter I offer to dictate from Spirit is for those people who really want to change their lives. To take back control of their lives. To be self-guiding. To fulfil their purpose in life. And to do that, they/YOU need to be ready to receive. I’m channelling the fire starters, if you like (see the logo post if you want to know about FIRE).
I am not a counsellor/guide/therapist/guru and I don't want people to become reliant on me to receive answers. I want to empower people so they become confident enough to listen to their own advice.
Also I have to be careful of messages being taken as gospel - there is an element of metaphor at work and everyone has a unique perspective which will inform how they interpret messages. To give you an example: when I was told that ‘a black male would make a magical connection’ in a reading for a horse(!), it was taken for granted that this would be a new rider/owner, but actually it turned out to be a black stallion… the horse became a brood mare! :)
So, you see, messages are not always meant to be taken literally!
What if you get a ‘No’? This doesn’t mean that you can’t have messages in the future, or that Spirit doesn’t want to talk to you - it’s probably just not the right time. And to prove that, I usually draw another two cards to pass on some short-term guidance or I'm guided to offer you a 'tide-you-over' reading to help you become a ‘Yes’ enquiry at a later date.
I hope this post might allay any fears you may have about my motives… I’m a medium you can trust.